Monday, August 20, 2012

Depression in Teen Girls


I have had a lot of hard times in the past several years.  In the last 2 years I have suffered from depression; all I could do was think about how bad my life was.  I didn't even think parties were fun, and I love parties!  So you see my mind set was so wrong.  All I wanted to do was stay in my room; I would want to do nothing but just lay there.  The problem was that I couldn't for very long. I couldn't let anyone know that I was down; I felt that I had to fake being happy.  I also spent a lot of time thinking that everywhere I went someone was thinking something bad about me.  This was pretty constant; so for the better part of two years I felt sad and miserable.

Things are different now.   I am 17 years old and I am not DEPRESSED anymore!  Don’t get me wrong, now, I still have my bad days.  But my life does not seem hopeless anymore.
 
I’m sure a lot of teens would love to know how I got out of my depression.   Depression is something you get because of hard times; but it’s your choice how you want to take what happens to you.  It’s always our choice.  But a lot of times we let what the world says get to us when we really should say, oh well! Or, it doesn't matter!  But no!  People with depression take things to heart when they don't need to.    When bad things happen, you should just try to let it go.

A lot of people hide their depression from everyone.  That makes things worse because we are only human; we can't free ourselves from our pain by ourselves.  If we want to be free, we need help from other people.   When you are depressed, sometimes you don't even want to be saved; I know it’s hard to ask for help.  I have been there.  I really get what y'all are thinking--no one will get it.  Well I’m here to tell you that there are so many people that get it.  I have been so much better for telling people!  When I could say it out loud, it made me feel like I needed to change and guess what?  I did!

Depression is all about what you put in your head. Before you can even begin to get better you have to change your mind set.  Now I’m not saying that its easy.  But it is something that needs to be done; if you don't change your mind set you will never change your life! Maybe your depression will fade and seem like it’s gone, but it will come back--maybe when you are married or have kids.  I don’t know about y'all but I knew I needed to find my way through life without my depression following me.


No comments:

Post a Comment