Sunday, August 19, 2012

Kids are a Blessing in our Churches!



Today I was sitting in church.  Suddenly, I heard little voices and little feet; I looked behind me and saw some of our little kids running to sit down.  I smiled; I feel like church is so much better when you have little voices trying to sing and pray.  I sometimes feel like kids can be closer to God than us older people.  They have so much faith in everything they do!  That’s not as easy for us sometimes.  Also, they are so care free--no worries, no hard times!  They have such free spirits.  If they do have a hard time it’s because they had fallen; but unlike a lot of us, little kids just get right back up and keep going.  I wish I could do that all the time.

I think we would all be better Christians if were had more faith like kids.  Jesus tells us we should have faith like little children.  Today I was sitting there praying.  Then from behind me I heard a little voice saying "amen!!!" This little girl just yelled amen! In a Catholic Church! And at the right time!  Sometimes we don’t think the kids know what’s going on, but they really can follow along with the service.  I know this other little girl who is only 5 years old who looks up to the sky and talks to God.  Whenever she needs him she just looks up and tells him what she needs! They know better than we do what to do.  It’s pretty amazing!


No comments:

Post a Comment